Duration: 4-5 hours
Price: $72 per person
Departs: Daily with a minimum of 2 participants
Morning Tour: 8:30 am
Afternoon tour: 1:00 pm
Walking Distance: Aprox.1.5 to 2 miles Easy to moderate.
Get a firsthand account of contemporary Costa Rican life and an absorbing lesson about our history. The Walking City Tour is an intimate and authentic perspective of our capital city. You interact and participate in the daily life of the city; not only seeing but hearing, tasting, smelling, and feeling the rhythm of our city. Our knowledgeable and professional guides are enthusiastic about sharing our multicultural heritage with you!
Points of Interest:
- The Atlantic Train Station.
- The National Park, a beautiful city park that hosts the National Monument.
- Explore our rich history, starting with pre-Columbian culture, at the National Museum.
- The well preserved architecture, sculpture, and art found at the National Theater are well worth a stop.
- The Grand Hotel Costa Rica, where many celebrities and U.S. Presidents have stayed.
The tranquil silence of the Metropolitan Cathedral is a stark contrast to the busy streets of San José. This Cathedral is the largest in San José.
- Walk along Central Avenue. With no cars allowed the center of San José is a large pedestrian boulevard.
- Visit to the Market. This large market is a fascinating combination of the traditional and the modern aspects of Costa Rican culture.
While walking from one point-of-interest to another there is a lot to see! The Costa Rican government has invested in beautifying the city. There are murals, historic buildings, markets, schools, universities, government buildings, museums, statues and sculptures.