Are you an individual or a group of friends with a specific interest such as hiking, birding, botany, biking, rafting or photography? Would you be interested in learning Spanish or volunteering at a national park or a private nature reserve?
Do you have a son or daughter studying abroad and wish to join them for a weekend or weeklong trip? We can customize an itinerary for you to visit sites and participate in activities that will best match your interests. We will arrange for a specialized guide or local expert to conduct the tour or be a guest lecturer. Contact us and see what fascinating itineraries we can develop for you!
To help you begin planning your own “specific interest” tour, here are some sample highlights of what Costa Rica has to offer:
- Go birding with an expert to the best hot spots throughout Costa Rica.
- Have a “living geology” tour of some of Costa Rica’s most active volcanos.
- Photograph wildlife, scenery, sunsets, wildflowers, butterflies and birds on a “Nature Safari Photography Tour”.
- Learn from locals about the medicinal and other uses of tropical plants.
- Go Native! Explore the coastline off a pacific beach by paddling the waters in an outrigger canoe.
- Take yoga lessons on seclude tropical beaches
- Special Habitat Tour. Travel to a rainforest, high mountain peak, the east or west coast, the dry forest, a cloud forest, and cruise along a river to see the different habitats and their wildlife residents in Costa Rica.