Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa
Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn crowns the Central Highlands of Costa Rica, offering a boutique hotel experience. This coffee plantation retreat is where the adventurous and curious traveler will experience the history and cultivation of organic coffee in Costa Rica and the cuisine, music, arts and culture of the local communities while being cared for with personalized attention. Enjoy the perfect climate while you discover the misty cloud forests of the volcanoes, enjoy looking at towering trees and encounter the wildlife of the national parks nearby.
The Finca Rosa Blanca Resort is a coffee farm plantation and luxurious inn that crowns the central valley mountain highlands of Costa Rica. Located only a short distance from the San Jose International Airport, it has long offered eco-travelers a luxurious, sustainable boutique hotel experience.
The resort’s gourmet restaurant, El Tigre Vestido, and El Targua Spa, has drawn many Costa Ricans, international vacationers and honeymoon couples who find our wellness retreat perfect for an extended stay! Whether your spa preferences range from traditional aromatherapy massage to hot stones massages, facials or organic skin treatments, you’ll find yourself irresistibly pampered by our qualified spa therapists.
Our gourmet restaurant, acclaimed in Gourmet Magazine, Epicurious Blog among many culinary reviews, uses only organic produce from our onsite gardens and local providers. Our Chef draws on Costa Rican and international culinary arts, using fresh seafood and organic meats and poultry to produce a varied menu each day. Enjoy the twinkling lights of the Central Valley at dinner, or the garden surroundings and song birds as you have breakfast, and of course, with our own shade grown coffee.
Finca Rosa Blanca offers an incomparable lodging experience with three extraordinary Master Suites and Villas and eleven elegant Junior Suites. All of our well-appointed rooms include Jacuzzi baths, King beds with exotic bamboo linens as well as private verandas overlooking the green Central Valley, the volcanoes above, and secluded patios surrounded by tropical gardens and flowers. The climate is perennially spring like with sunshine every day and temperatures which hover between 65F/18C to 82F/28C.
All rooms are equipped with:
- Free wireless Internet
- Coffee maker
- Safe Box
Additional services offered:
- The main lobby area is a 40 foot high sky lit ceiling which illuminates the indoor gardens and lush Costa Rican hardwood interiors, decorated with hand painted murals.
- private office center with free internet service and computer and printer
- Wireless service in most of the hotel public areas.
- Library with many reference books as well as fiction books left by guests is a cozy spot to curl up and read.
- A television with cable and a VCR
- Large collection of DVDs are located in the library for the use of guests.
- The restaurant and bar
- Lounge area with backgammon board and many games as well as a television with cable in the Bar Buho.
- Conference room with 12 chairs for the use of the guests when not in use for hotel meetings.
- The gardens include a large greenhouse
- Recycling center
- Vermiculture center
- Chicken coop where our 20 chickens lay eggs for our restaurant.