An oasis in the heart of our capital city, San Jose. A converted Victorian mansion, the hotel maintains the warmth and comfort of a private home while offering the amenities of a fine hotel. The restaurant is considered one of San Joses finest. Youre invited to visit the cities museums, theaters, art galleries, restaurants and shops. They started a non-profit dedicated to helping single mothers.
Why Grano de Oro?
We were searching for a real name, with Costa Rican identity, and “Grano de Oro” refers directly to the coffee bean. Known in Costa Rica as the “grain of gold” despite being such a small fruit, coffee has represented one of the main economic activities of the country. In the same way this hotel, compared to traditional big hotel chains, is as small as a grain of coffee, but as important to hospitality industry as coffee has been to the economy.
The Hotel Grano de Oro is located in San José, in Barrio Don Bosco, on street 30 between avenue 2 and 4, very close to Paseo Colón. The building originally was a private residence belonging to the Pozuelo family. Built around 1910, with tropical Victorian architecture.
All rooms are equipped with:
- Free wireless Internet in all rooms and throughout hotel
- Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow top mattresses
- 300 thread 100% cotton linens
- Feather and hypoallergenic synthetic pillows
- Marble vanities, ceramic soap and lotion dispensers
- Refillable dispensers for all our bath products to eliminate the use of small bottles
- Coffee maker
- Fully equipped silent mini bar
- Flat screen cable TV
- In room electronic security box (fits most laptops)
- Telephones with direct access to international calling
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Windows that open to enjoy the beautiful San José climate
Additional services offered:
- Laundry and next day dry cleaning service.
- Iron and ironing board / Cribs
- Luggage storage
- Currency exchange
- Fax and mail service
- Room service from 7a.m. to 10p.m.
- Tour and car rental arrangements
- Secure, convenient parking
- Internet station in lobby
- Wake-up calls
- Gift Shop with Costa Rican handicrafts, open daily from 2:30p.m. to 9:30p.m.
- Jacuzzi Terrace open daily from 9a.m. to 10p.m.
- Massage Services